Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time Flies!!!

Wow, it has officially been 6 months since my transplant day!! Technically it was June 26th :) I think many would agree this has been quite a journey and such a blessing in disguise. However, this also marks 6 months that a family and friends lost a loved one. So, while it is marked with great celebration that things are going so well since my transplant, I always think of the other family that has suffered great loss and I will forever be grateful to them and my donor for saving my life. Words truly cannot express how humble I feel every time I think of them. Please continue to pray for them that they may receive healing and peace.

Revelation 21:4: He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.


Quick update: Bertha is doing great!! Nothing super new to report... Medication still is being tweaked and I have definitely figured out the culprit of my joint stiffness and pain. When my anti-rejection medicine reaches a high level in my system I am really affected. So, if you see me hobbling around, moving or grabbing my knees a lot and maybe looking a bit awkward just go with it and laugh with me. Now you know what is wrong:) I have found that I do this and don't even realize it, so I am sure some people have gotten a good laugh :) I go back to the doctor mid-July, so hopefully everything will go well!

On another note: Please continue to pray for Aimee and Trey on their new journey in the transplant world. They had to open Aimee for a second time to remedy some internal bleeding. She is continuing to recover, but this has made the road a lot more difficult. But the great news is that her new liver is strong and doing great!  


1 comment: