Friday, June 17, 2011

Please Pray!!

As I have walked through this journey, I have met some great people along the way who have helped me so much.  I was lucky and so thankful to have my "goto" friends Lisa and Paul Rice help me and my family through the transplant process and help me understand what things were like and be a comfort that everything was going to be alright.  Lisa kept me and my mother sane when we were questioning what was going on many times. Although each person having liver problems has different issues, it is so helpful and calming to have someone who has been through it too.  I will forever be grateful!! 

In turn, I have been able to return the favor.  I was connected with someone who has been waiting for a liver.  She has been going through the same things I went through in a little different way.  But, I have had the opportunity to meet her and her husband and help them know that she is ok and that what she is going through is normal when it involves liver failure.  She is around my age and is such a sweet person.  My heart went out to her and her husband because it has been a hard and rocky road for them.

The GREAT news is that she just got the call that they FOUND a match for her and she will be having her liver transplant today!!!  PLEASE PRAY for Aimee and Trey that God will grant them strength, peace, He will hold them in His hands, and that the surgeouns and medical staff take the best care of her.  God is good!!

Isaiah 41:10:  Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment: