Saturday, May 28, 2011

What can I say about the month of May...

Things have been in full swing since my last post!  I have been bouncing back and forth from Jackson to Nashville, which has been great!  I feel I have regained a little of my "old life" back and have been able to combine it with the new.  It has been very exciting to be able to be in Nashville more and more!  And to be able to see and spend time with so many friends as time has passed is awesome!     

I had a great weekend at the beach with my Auburn girls at the beginning of May!  We were fortunate enough to be able to make a weekend celebrating so many transitions in our lives and appreciate how close we all still are in our post-college years.  There is nothing sweeter than remembering the crazier times, talking about where life has taken us, and laughing until you cry, as if no time had passed.  A little TLC at the beach never hurts!
I have started school again.  I am ALMOST done with my Master's degree!!  Or at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)  It has been fun to see all of my school friends and professors, while always making new friends in my classes.  One thing I appreciate more than I did before is the age range of the people I am in school with and hearing every one's stories.  I sound quirky by saying this, but I think I appreciate people's "life" stories more than I used to.  And you get a lot of them in my program of Marriage and Family Therapy :) 

And as I write now, I am sitting in the Pensacola, FL airport leaving a family vacation that was so fun, albeit a little shorter on my end because of school :)  Going to the beach twice in a month is the way to live!!  We had a great time, and I appreciate every opportunity I get to spend with my family.  We all needed this time after a rough winter!  It is always entertaining to watch and play with my niece and nephew...  You never know what surprise is going to arise with them!  Unfortunately we were down one brother-in-law, but maybe next time it will be ALL of us!   As my Dad put it in such a special family prayer, we are incredibly BLESSED! 

So, with all that said, Bertha is still going strong!!  I cannot believe it has been 5 months since my liver transplant and how so much has changed so fast.  I remember at one point thinking it would take forever to get to this point, and yet I feel like it was just a week ago I was laying in the hospital waiting for surgery.  I am grateful and so happy to be over a few hurdles back into a more normal life.  I only have to get blood work done every other week.  My veins are finally remembering that being stuck with a needle can hurt :)  I am off of one medication, which has helped with some side effects I have been having.  Fingers crossed I get to drop one more medication at 6 months, as well.  All in all things are good!!  Life is good!!  God is good!!

The month of May has truly been inspiring!  A line from one of many favorite songs I heard recently reminded me how I want to live my life :) 
"I'm gonna muster every confidence I have and cannonball into the water!"
 ~ Teddy Geiger

1 comment:

  1. I truly can't tell you how happy I am for you and to hear all these wonderful things going on in your life. Every liver transplant person should go to the beach twice a month! ha ha I wish...Lisa

    ReplyDelete