Sunday, January 2, 2011

Out of the Hospital!

Ashlie was released from the hospital this afternoon!  She and my mom are settling into sister Natalie & Eric's house in the Harbor Town area of Memphis until Friday.  Ashlie has to go to the clinic and have blood work done two times this week and then see the doctors on Friday, so they decided that it might be easier to stay local for a few more days.  She is extremely excited to be in the outside world and is looking forward to having an uninterrupted night of sleep free of nurses, vitals, and blood work! 

I have updated the mailing address to my parents' house in Jackson since she will be back there in a few days and will more than likely stay there for a few weeks.  I will update again in a few days with her post-hospital progress!  We are still amazed at the way the Lord has answered prayers on Ashlie's behalf and thankful for his mercy and grace.  Thanks to all of you who have prayed and supported Ashlie and all of us through these last few weeks.  She has come a long way in these two weeks of blogging!

2 comments:

  1. To God be the glory... Great things He has done!

    I love ya'll so. God is good. All the time. And Whit... strange that I know that is true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy for Ashlie and her family!! I have been following her progress closely. I had a liver transplant in Feb. 2008 at Methodist University!! I know all the docs are great and everyone will take such good care of her!! I know that there will be some challenges ahead You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I know God will be with you all the way!! Sue Miller

    ReplyDelete