Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day Home Update

Ashlie is settled in at Natalie and Eric's house and is doing great!  She made a run back to the hospital for blood work and a mail this morning.  Know that if you mailed something to the hospital she will still get it- they will check two more times before the end of the week.  She is trying to establish normal sleep patterns after spending the better part of the month of December (with a few days thrown in from November and January) being woken up at 4:30-5ish for blood work and then again at 6 by a lowly resident checking in before morning rounds.  Although she is very happy not to have that early morning greeting, she woke up on cue waiting for her visitors this morning!  Hopefully she will sleep more soundly tonight!

My mom is doing well, too!  She is glad to be out of the hospital and is happy running all over the city of Memphis to get Ashlie medicine and food- just as long as her picky daughter eats!  I will probably not update until later in the week, but please continue to pray for rest for Ashlie and Mom as they adjust to what life holds this week and leave the hospital exhaustion behind.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to each of you for the amazing support & prayers!  The kids and I loved seeing people all over Jackson today and telling them about how amazing the Lord has been to Ashlie and our family.  She will always be a walking example of answered prayer!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment: