Friday, April 15, 2011

APRIL is Donate Life Month!!!

Please tell all of your friends what a special gift it is to become an organ and tissue donor.  There are so many people's lives that can be saved and changed by this gift.  Visit: donatelifetn.org   for more information.

This week I had another checkup with the clinic where I meet with the surgeons.  I got a great report and my bilirubin is down a little more, which is great news.  All of my liver enzymes are wonderful!!  The only "lecture" I got is to keep eating a high protein diet, which is difficult for me because I am a carb junkie :)  I am able to drop one one of my immunosuppresant medications, which is great!  One less pill to swallow four times a day is a nice change :)  Overall, I couldn't be more pleased and thankful!! 

I don't have to have another "big checkup" for another three months :) 

Hope everyone is having a great week, and I will do my best to get around to stories soon!  I have been in the midst of finishing the classes I was taking when I got sick.  I am very thankful that I am able to finish them so my Master's degree is not delayed too much.  So, it is back in the saddle to study, study, study... 

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! Fantastic post! We could not be happier for you and I'm sure good grades aill come your way. Kudos to you for asking people to sign up to donate life. God is good. Lisa & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping up the blog. It's great to hear how well things are going for you!
    Hope to see you very soon!
    Love, Emily Herron

    ReplyDelete