Friday, January 13, 2012

One year! So thankful and blessed beyond words!

Wow! I cannot believe a year has come and gone since my journey began! God is so good! It has been a wild and amazing ride to say the least.
I had my year check-up and liver biopsy done right after Christmas. I received the results this week and my new liver is doing great! That news brings a sigh of relief that things are still going really well, and some anxiety has been lifted off of me. It's not something I worry about day to day because I know I am being monitored. However, there is that little part of your brain that worries, as I know everyone can relate to :) Spending the Holidays at home was such a gift! It is one that I will never take for granted.
So, here is my one year anniversary monologue (so to speak), so bare with me :)
I am blessed beyond words, not only to be alive and doing well, but to have a family that loves, supports, and encourages me more than I can express. YOU ARE MY ROCK! My Mom and Dad are both amazing parents! I can't thank them enough for the unconditional love and support they give me! My sweet Mom, who never left me (except a few times I had to kick her out of the hospital), has done so much for me this year that I cannot even explain how grateful I am for her. I am in awe of her strength and thankful we both made it out alive after all of the unexpected bonding time we have had over the past year :) My Dad, who's always there making sure things are being taken care of and for dealing with the mess of stuff that had to be moved and dealt with in Nashville when I became sick. I know that wasn't fun:) My sisters, Whitney and Natalie, I truly do not know what I would do without them! They helped me stay sane on this roller coaster... Constantly helping me, taking good care of me, doing things for me that none of us dreamed we would ever have to do, and making me laugh even when I was at my worst regardless of circumstances. I know our parents are so proud that even in our adult years, we still do a great job of acting inappropriately, which has made the hospital/clinic staff laugh more than I can count! And I can't leave out my wonderful brother-in-laws, Dan and Eric! They put up with me and did more than I could have ever asked for, considering I flipped their lives upside down :)
My friends, where do I begin, you are wonderful! Each and every one of you have steadfastly stood by me and supported me. I am so blessed to have you in my life! Care packages, phone calls, text message, emails, facebook messages, cards, visits in and out of the hospital, taking care of me along the way, PRAYERS... I could go on and on... I don't think I could possibly put into words how you brightened so many days for me and made me feel loved. THANK YOU! You are all so special to me! And for the people that have supported and prayed for me near and far. You all have a special place in my heart.
Last but not least, to my doctors and nurses at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis. You are truly amazing and have been given awesome gift. Dr. Eason and Dr. Campos, thank you for saving my life! To all the nurses, you took such good care of me and I am so grateful!
Now that I feel like I have written an acceptance speech for some award, I will stop :) Sorry, I got a little carried away, but trust me I could go on...
Please sign up to be an organ donor, if you have not already. I have been amazed at how many people have told me that they registered this year. It is one simple thing that will make you a hero no matter where life takes you. Here is a link to help you register: http://donatelife.net/register-now/
Please continue to pray for my organ donor's family. I know God is watching over them.
"Give thanks to the God of Heaven, for His steadfast love endures forever." ~Psalm 136:26

No comments:

Post a Comment